February 3, 2011

Occupied

Last night Hank I and I talked about the Occupied UC Berkeley movement. Chris's recent post on space made me once again think of it. I realized how truly revolutionary occupying a building is, no overthrow of a structure, no radical new creation, using pre-existing society and using a simple space to convey a larger message.

Youtube has a great little short documentary of the Occupied UC Berkeley Movement here.


Watching this made me realize another purpose for my part on lines of fracture. Not to simply discuss Lines of Fracture or have intellectual lines of fracture but to actually make revolution. As Guattari said when interrupting Lacan, I have no other goal then to make revolution. I am not sure how I am going to make it but I will now dedicate some posts to successful organization and protest.


Here is a kinda cool piece done by Banksy--I think I will end most of my revolution oriented posts with some of his art.





No comments:

Post a Comment